“TAG’s overall aim to improve the quality of life for children living on Teviot estate and surrounding areas, to combat the effects of poverty and disadvantage children experience and reduce their risk of isolation and exclusion.”MORE ABOUT child care
Our strategic aims are to:
- Increase the opportunities for children to take part in after-school activities.
- Reduce boredom and likelihood of children engaging in anti-social behaviour.
- Improve children’s performance at school and encourage them to keep fit.
- Support families in need and enable parents to take up employment.
- Enable children from disadvantaged backgrounds to try new activities and develop new skills.
- Develop community cohesion on Teviot Estate and reduce prejudice and hostility amongst different sections of the community.
Interested?? Would like to become a volunteer, contact us?
Kids Breakfast Club
The objectives to run the kids club and breakfast club specifically:
- Run high quality, varied after-school activities during term time for children aged 4 to 12 years old.
- Run activities during school holidays including summer and half term.
- Run a breakfast club for children ensuring they receive a nutritious meal at the start of the school day.
- Provide support for children to enable them to undertake homework including individual support from adults, use of information technology and by providing a quiet environment in which they can concentrate.
- Provide physical/sports activities at least 3 times a week and encourage children to develop their fitness levels.
- Work with parents and children to ensure activities are challenging, interesting and varied.
- Set up parents and children forum to encourage active involvement in the kids club ensuring membership reflects the diversity of residents on Teviot Estate.